Header5.png
Facebook Networked Blogs

Mississippi Science Olympiad 2011

My two younger boys, N and D, are on the Chastain Middle School Science Olympiad team. They competed Friday in a series of events against other teams from all over the state. I’m proud to say the Chastain team won the 2011 Spirit Award and took home medals in two events. I am grateful to Coach Johnnie Canales and Ms. Bigelow for sponsoring the team. Here are some photos from the day.

Austin and Nathan tower 1

Austin and Nathan tower 2

Austin talking to his mom

Chandler listens to Mr. C

Mr. Neyland helps Blake Waldron

Joseph Neyland and Blake Waldron

Hamed

Chandler and Anastasia Bottle Rocket

Anastasia with parachute

Mr. C remembers being a platoon leader

walking away

team chastain

team chastain 2

Roderick Red Jr.

2011 spirit award winners

fossils medal

optics medal

9 Responses to Mississippi Science Olympiad 2011

• Rhoda Byler Yoder says:

Wonderful! I enjoyed the photos! Congratulations to the team!

• P.J. Shaw says:

This is great! What an accomplishment. We’re really excited at Holy Innocents’ that our kids are going to Nationals in May. I’m just so impressed with all of these kids!

• julie says:

Congrats to Chastain! Love this type of teaching/learning!

• scampbell says:

It’s always such an interesting day for the students. My only wish is that we adults could watch more of the events.

• What a cool event!

• lisa n ichols says:

It was so good seeing the children engage in all the activities. Kudos to the Chastain Warriors

• Johnnie Canales says:

I had a lot of fun working with the students and parents. The Chastain MSO Warriors displayed character, respect, leadership, and courtesy thoughout the school-year and especially during the MSO events. I am so proud of them. Thanks Sarah and MSO parents for your ourstanding support.

• John Juul says:

As a retired middle school ESE Math & Science teacher (and Marine)I applaud you all for this magnificent display of scholarship,teamwork and leadership. Hats off to the students and coaches. Well done, Johnnie !!!

• scampbell says:

Thank you, Mr. Canales. The kids are looking forward to working with you again this year — even though you are going to be semi-retired.
    John, I agree!