Facebook Networked Blogs

Lightroom Collage

two-sisters-multi-pageFor a long time I have been wanting to be able to create quick collages for my blog. I’ve admired the ones I’ve seen on other blogs — many using Picassa. I wanted to try to do the same thing, but using Lightroom. After searching the net for a tutorial, I found one on Adobe’s Lightroom Killer Tips. This is a great place to go for information on Lightroom or Photoshop, for that matter. I am still working on perfecting the technique. It doesn’t always do what I want it to do — yet.

Richard and I were searching around the photo catalog for another reason and I came across these photographs that my mother took when I visited the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science last year. They capture just how much kids are fascinated by a wolfsnail. Let me know what you think of the collage.

Here’s a link to the actual collage-making (multi-photo picture package).

6 Responses to Lightroom Collage

• Julie says:

I like the photo of the girl at the bottom of the collage. I love using collages because they help tell the story in a different way from single frames. I look forward to seeing more!

• patty says:

Thanks for the heads up about “Lightroom collage”. I am eager to try it. Glad you found the photos.

• Jay says:

Cool! But, after you create your collage…how do you export the collage into a JPG? I tried but it only exported 1 photo…

• donna says:

I am looking for the same answer. How do you export your collage to upload to the web? I can’t seem to find the answer.

• scampbell says:

Donna,
    I wrote another blog post about making a collage in Lightroom. This one includes the steps for exporting to a jpg. Here’s a link:
    Good luck.
    Sarah

• Anastasia says:

Thanks for this blog post. I currently have lightroom 2, and I’ve been wanting to create a collage, similar to yours. I’m extremely limited and have a severe learning curve, but thank you for giving me hope! :)